Coconut Oil is Better Than Any Toothpaste
We have hardly known of another option to cleanse our teeth apart from toothpaste so it is understandable why other ideas have almost never come into the picture. Have you ever thought of a natural cleanser for your teeth? Your teeth are surely the strongest in your body but there can be more harmful chemicals that you are using on them unknowingly.
Why should you stop using commercial toothpastes?
Toothpastes have some harmful chemicals that kill the natural mechanism of your teeth and can be harmful for your health.
- Toothpaste has glycerin which gives toothpaste a nice smooth finish and makes it creamy. It is advertised to you that it gives a protection coating to your teeth but it stops the tooth from rebuilding its enamel which means the tooth cannot naturally heal your cavities that would generally be the case.
- The worst thing that you could put in your mouth and which happens to be in your toothpaste is sodium fluoride. Yes, the same sodium fluoride that is used in the rat poisons, chemical pesticides and is a byproduct when aluminum is produced.
- Some of them also contain triclosan which is known to cause cancer. Triclosan is also responsible for hormonal disturbances.
A natural cleanser with Coconut Oil
The best part of a natural cleanser is that it is organic and not harmful but also the joy of making it with your own preferences. Making toothpaste according to your tastes i.e sweet, minty, salty.
Coconut oil is has strong anti bacterial properties that will be very effective in fighting oral decay. Research also explains how coconut oil helps kill the particular bacteria which erode teeth and causes cavities.
Here’s a recipe to make your toothpaste which will be used to kill bacteria, clean your teeth as well as whiten them. You can personalize it with flavors as well.
You will need to mix the following in the same proportion
- 6 tablespoons of baking soda
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 25 drops of essential oils – You can use a mixture of essential oils for aroma and flavor but make sure you don’t exceed over 25 drops, it might make the consistency more liquid like.
- Natural sweetener- 1 teaspoon of stevia
All that you need to do is mix all the ingredients carefully until they become a smooth mixture. You can then store it into a jar or whichever container you think helps it to be easily dispensed. Spread the paste onto your toothbrush and brush your teeth like you would with toothpaste.